I baked these yesterday and they were great!
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1-2 tsp berry jam
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Cut pastry into rounds and place in a shallow patty pan tray
- Mix ricotta, cream cheese and sugar with electric beaters; add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Put about 1/2 tbs of mixture into each pastry case and top with sliced strawberries.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 mins, or until edges puff and skewer comes out clean.
- Melt jam on stove or in microwave (about 15 sec) and glaze warm tarts.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerated.
Above are the standard ingredients, but I used low fat/sugar versions: reduced fat shortcrust pastry, low fat ricotta and cream cheese and Equal Baking instead of sugar. I didn’t make my own pastry, but you can of course use your favourite pastry recipe if you want to.
The mixture can make about 30 tarts, but if cut right 2 sheets of pastry makes exactly 24 tarts. The mixture can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for a day or two if you want to make it in advance, or if you don’t want to cook it all at once.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!